Bobcat Reports

Journalism Class of Georgia College & State University

Bobcat Reports

Bobcat Reports

Battle of the Bobcats
April 22, 2024
Add videos easily
March 26, 2024

Battle of the Bobcats

Georgia College holds Battle of the Bobcats

By: Caroline Bagwell | February 16, 2024| Milledgeville, Georgia

“Chief” playing their songs at Battle of the Bobcats on Feb. 16, 2024 in Milledgeville, GA. (Photo by Campus Activities Board).

Milledgeville Georgia College and State University’s Campus Activities Board held its annual  “Battle of the Bobcats” in the Magnolia Ballroom recently. This event is a highlight of Georgia College’s lively homecoming weekend.

The Campus Activities Board at Georgia College organizes such events for students. One member, Paige Ussery, was filled with excitement while setting up this event.

“Battle of the Bobcats is my favorite Homecoming tradition because the [winner] gets to open for the Stews which will be our Spring Concert with Quavo,” said Ussery.

The event had three bands compete head-to-head for a chance to open the Spring Concert: “Chief,” “Avante Garde,” and “Subject to Change.”

The competition was fierce. Students gathered  to watch as these bands showcased their talent in hopes of winning the coveted title.

“We are doing something new this year where we have four judges and a fifth judge being the audience,” said Ussery.

At the end of the show, it was announced that the winner of Battle of the Bobcats was “Subject to Change.” They earned the opportunity to perform at the Spring concert in March, while bands like “Chief” and “Avante Garde” eagerly anticipate next year’s chance to be the Spring concert opener.